Need help? Hire the professionals

Get a free quote from the London Property Service specialists here at My Plumber

Get a free quote right now

View Our Simple Price List
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Gas Safe Register – What is it and How it Works?

Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas safe engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances.

On the 1st of April 2009, it replaced the old CORGI registration as the gas registration body in Great Britain and has since been improving and maintaining gas safety in the UK.

Only a Gas Safe registered engineer is legally allowed to install, maintain, repair and service gas appliances.

A Gas Safe registered engineer is qualified to work on:

  • Domestic boilers;
  • Gas hobs;
  • Gas ovens;
  • Gas cookers;
  • Gas fires;
  • All other gas appliances in your home;

It is a legal requirement for anyone carrying out gas work to be registered with Gas Safe Register.

It’s important that you check that any heating engineer that is carrying out any gas work in your home or business presents their Gas Safe Register ID card.

Be sure to thoroughly check the id card of any gas engineer that comes to do work in your home. It’s also important to check the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the reverse of the card.

You can find or check a Gas Safe registered engineer on the Gas Safe Register website or by:

  • Calling 0800 408 5000
  • Texting GAS and the engineer’s seven-digit licence number to 85080

We can’t stress enough how important is to ensure that your heating engineer is Gas Safe registered otherwise you could put you and your family at risk. Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

If you think a gas appliance is faulty, turn it off and call us immediately on 0203 0787 5920 and we can send one of our Gas Safe Register engineers to take a look. If you feel unwell, seek medical help immediately.

As a landlord, it is required by law that all gas appliances supplied for tenants are maintained in a safe condition. They require a Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out a gas safety check on them every 12 months.

Keeping you safe
The Gas Safe Register works hard to keep the general public safe. They use a team of investigators to track down engineers who are working illegally, and they also perform a regular inspection of Gas Safe engineers. The investigators report on unsafe work, as they also tackle the task of educating consumers of gas safety. Their combined efforts are to ensure that they keep you, the public, safe from unsafe gas installations.

All our central heating and boiler engineers are Gas Safe registered and carry Gas Safe Register ID cards, so you can be confident we are qualified and fully registered to fit, fix or service your gas appliances.

We carry out a good deal of gas work including:

  • Combustion Analysis
  • Cookers
  • Fires
  • Gas Boilers
  • Pipework
  • Range Cookers
  • Unvented Cylinders
  • Vented Cylinders
  • Water Heaters

Please don’t hesitate to contact My Plumber’s experts if you have any gas appliance that needs servicing.


Gas Safe Register – What is it and How it Works?

Need help? Hire the London Property Service experts today by giving us a call on 020 3078 5920.

Award Winning Property Services in London

We very proud that over the past decade our amazing team of skilled Plumbers, Gas Engineers, Electricians, and Handymen have been recognised by winning awards and being finalists for multiple awards across London

Hounslow Business Awards 2016
Hounslow Business Awards 2015
London Business Awards 2014
Hounslow Business Awards 2013
24 hour emergency helpline
020 3078 5920
Your call may be recorded for training or quality purposes
Calls may be answered via a call centre during out-of-hours